York River District Clergy Association (YRDCA)
The Purpose of the YRDCA is to facilitate the connectional support and mutual care among the entire York River District Clergy Community.
- Note the emphasis on facilitating instead of forcing.
- Typically, this will be done by providing opportunities for worship, fellowship, prayer, through peer learning groups and large group gatherings.
- The Clergy Community includes active, retired, and on-leave clergy residing in this district and to some degree their families as well.
What does the YRDCA do?
- Welcome Picnic
- Subsidizes for all and provides a welcome meal for new to the district clergy and their family
- Gatherings and Clergy Retreats
- Subsidizes the event in addition to providing refreshments
- Clergy Farewell Event
- Gift Cards to those retiring or moving
- Subsidizes the event
Supports and is intentional in the care of our brother and sister clergy. The Clergy Association provides a financial gift in the following circumstances:
- Death of a family member, parent or in-law
- Birth of Child (within appointed clergy family)
- Clergy Major Health Crisis (Hospitalized for major illness or surgery versus Outpatient)
In addition, we have established a Chaplain Team to support clergy in the time of crisis or need.
2019 YRDCA Servant Leader Positions and Responsibilities
Coordinator – Facilitate servant leader meetings
Program Lead – Communicates with venues and facilitate setup for gatherings
Treasurer – Finances and cards for gifts
Secretary – Records and distributes meeting notes